Ranchi University - Vision and Mission
The visions of university are commitments to academic excellence in teaching and research, innovation and creativity, respect for cultural diversity, individual dignity and worth responsible stewardship, conversion of resources, leadership and involvement in the economic, social and professional growth of the region and the nation meeting these commitments in resonance with the India Vision 2020, Ranchi University seeks to develop into.
• A globally renowned university for outstanding academic programmes that foster active student participation through applied learning and social services
• A globally recognized hub for rigorous academic teaching, innovative research and quality publications in journals of international repute
• A globally recognized and socially meaningful podium of knowledge and knowledge dissemination
• A globally recognized nucleus for creating knowledge-based society with social cohesion
• A vibrant hub of cultural, sporting and extra-curricular activities where students, faculty, and staff from vastly different background collaborate
• A socially-relevant think-tank and a vibrant hub of community trans-formation and economic growth through cultivating seeds of open- minded inquiry, especially with regard to social and global issues
• A technologically enabled campus with state of the art teaching, innovative research and management tools for stretching the boundaries of thought and experience.
Central tenets of Ranchi University’s vision are commitments to academic excellence in teaching and research, innovation and creativity, respect for cultural diversity, individual dignity and worth, responsible stewardship and conservation of resources and leadership and involvement in the economics, social and professional growth of the region and the nation. To make a centre of excellence in higher education by imparting value based quality education to students of rural andsemi urban areas comprising of predominantly tribal population, so as to empower and make them economically independent, and socially committed to the task of building a strong nation. Empowering the students by inculcating the core values of truth and righteousness and ensure quality in the teaching-learning process along with co-curricular and extra-curricular activities for their economic independence, social commitment and national development. Goals and objectives of the institution In consonance with the India vision 2020, Ranchi University seeks to develop into: A globally renowned Ranchi University for outstanding academicv programs that foster active student participation through applied learning, research and social service; A globally recognized hub for rigorous academic teaching, innovativev research and quality publications in journals of international repute; A globally recognized and socially meaningful podium of knowledgev generation and knowledge dissemination; A globally recognized nucleus for creating knowledge – based society withv social cohesion; A vibrant hub of cultural, sporting and extra-curricular activities wherev students, faculty and staff from vastly different backgrounds collaborate; A socially-relevant think tank and vibrant hub of communityv transformation and economic growth through cultivating seeds of openminded enquiry, especially with regard to major social and global issues; A technological enabled campus with state-of the-art teaching, innovativev research and management tools for stretching the boundaries of thought and experience. Our future depends not on what will happen to us, but on what we decide to become and on the will to create it.
Ranchi University has identified the following plans of action for the next academic year.
To create an atmosphere for holistic development of students, faculty members and support staff. To ensure physical and intellectual development as well as to promote sports activity new programme of B.P.Ed. and M.P.Ed. has been initiated. To facilitate continuous upgaradation of knowledge and use of technology by both the students and teachers. To fulfil its social obligation in terms of formal and informal education, dissemination of knowledge, organising programmes and activities for the benifits of the community and other stakeholders. To create awareness and initiate measures for protecting and promoting environment for a sustainable society as per 17 Sustainable Development Goals of UN. To encourage and facilitate a research culture by promoting interdisciplinary research both by the students and faculty members. To promote the indigenous languages of Jharkhand. To introduce some more job-orientad and skill based courses. To give additional thrust to campus placement initiatives. To identify talent among students for various sports and cultural activities.